Charli D'Amelio is an American social media personality and dancer. As of May 14, 2020, she has accumulated over 55.7 million followers on the social video sharing app TikTok, and has been called the "reigning queen of TikTok" by the New York Times. Her account is the most-followed on the platform.
D'Amelio's career began on TikTok in the summer of 2019 with uploaded dance videos.
She has since acquired over 55.1 million TikTok followers, 17.8 million Instagram followers, 3.96 million YouTube subscribers, and over 1.7 million Twitter followers. In just 10 months, she became the most-followed account on the social media platform TikTok. She surpassed the previous most-followed individual, Loren Gray, on March 25, 2020.
In January 2020, D'Amelio signed with talent agency UTA.
[She then landed a spot in a Super Bowl commercial for Sabra Hummus along with other celebrities.
She was invited to attend Super Bowl LIV and meet Jennifer Lopez to create the viral TikTok challenge "J Lo Super Bowl Challenge.
She was part of the collaborative TikTok web group "Hype House" along with 18 others including Addison Rae Easterling and Dixie D'Amelio.
In May 2020, a representative for the D'Amelios confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that she and her sister, Dixie, had left the Hype House.
She has been invited to perform at the NBA All-Star game, performing with fellow Hype House members Addison Rae, her sister Dixie, and creator of the "Renegade" dance, Jalaiah Harmon.
On March 27, 2020, D'Amelio collaborated on YouTube with actor Noah Schnapp.
In May 2020, she and her sister, Dixie, announced a new podcast deal with Ramble Podcast Network, which will offer a behind-the-scenes look at their lives and specific topics on their minds.
Her immediate family includes politician and father, Marc D'Amelio, her mother, Heidi D'Amelio, and her sister, Dixie D'Amelio.
D'Amelio has been subject to bullying and body shaming.
She and her sister, Dixie, have partnered with UNICEF, speaking out against online bullying and the perils of finding fame on the platform.
In April 2020, D'Amelio donated $50,000 to her hometown hospital, Norwalk Hospital, to help secure critical supplies for the hospital's staff amid the coronavirus pandemic.
D'Amelio has revealed that she is a Justin Bieber fan.
1. Charli is 15 years old and created her TikTok account in July 2019.
2. In less than a year, she became the TikTok content creator with the most subscribers, 41.9 million at the time of writing this article.
3. She has an older sister, Dixie D’Amelio, who looks like her like two drops of water!
4. Charli has been dancing for 10 years and has even participated in several competitions.
5. It was his TikTok dances that made him known to the public. She has plenty to her credit!
6. She is in a relationship with Lil Huddy (Chase Hudson)
7. Charli has already danced alongside a lot of stars, including the Jonas Brothers and Bebe Rexha
8. His first popular video is his cover of the Renegade dance.
9. She had to drop out of school and study at home because of her growing popularity.
10. Charli also had to learn to live with the constant gaze of others and the sometimes enormous expectations of the public. She recently revealed the dark side of her new popularity.
She has amassed more than 56 million TikTok fans. In November 2019, she had her first meet-and-greet in Norwalk, Connecticut. In December 2019, she collaborated with Ondreaz and Tony Lopez on a dance video set to the Don Toliver song "No Idea." She voices the character Tinker in the 2020 film StarDog and TurboCat.